Crystal Serum Ultra
- 10h paint protection
- 9 year guarantee
- Matchless levels of gloss, surface slickness, swirl and chemical resistance
Why Crystal Serum Ultra?
Crystal Serum Ultra is the best paint protection you can get, it keeps your car looking glossy and new, prolonging the life of your paintworks perfect finish.
Key to Crystal Serum Ultras performance gain is the introduction of a revolutionary new 7nm nanoparticle alongside an existing 20nm nanoparticle, and increasing the ratio of crosslinkers which reinforce and thicken the top layer of the coating.
The hard 10h top and softer 7h base layer offer improved swirl resistance over regular 9h paint protection coatings. Compared to standard ceramic paint coatings, Crystal Serum Ultra can withstand even the strongest wash chemicals and bird droppings.
The molecular structure of the hard top layer is exceptionally chemical resistant. Crystal Serum Ultra can withstand even the strongest wash chemicals and bird droppings.
An additional benefit from having a flexible base layer and hard top layer is that Crystal Serum Ultra is very resistant to extreme heat changes, even from -40 degrees Celsius to +250 degrees Celsius.
The specialist nature of this paint protection means it can only be applied by a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer, find your nearest accredited detailer.
View Crystal Serum Ultra MSDS Sheet here
Storage and use
- Removing any contaminants, and, or polish residues to ensure a strong bond. For this we recommend using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- Ensure that there is no risk of water dripping onto partially cured coating from trim parts or seals. For this we recommend using an airline to blow any excess water from these areas
- Make sure the surface you are working on is cool, dry and out of direct sunlight
- When applying the product always wear the gloves provided to prevent the product coming into contact with your skin
- Use the pipette to put plenty of product onto the application pad – 3-4 pipettes to prime the application pad
- Replace lid with pipette on the bottle and set aside (do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing)
- Spread the coating over an area no larger 30cm by 30cm in a circular motion. We recommend joining edges of coated areas ‘wet to wet’. For example if you are doing the roof, do the first side, and the other side immediately afterwards
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the surface of the vehicle so you should immediately remove residue with a Gtechniq MF6 Haze Buster
- You may need to buff the same area several times to fully remove residues for which we recommend using two MF6 cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product, so avoid buffing with too much force as it can inflict marring on softer paint finishes
- For ease of spotting surface residue it is best to use a medium intensity flat light source and angling your head so that you view each surface from several different angles
- Take care that the MF6 cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that Crystal Serum Ultra does not partially cure in the cloth, as this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully you will need to carefully wet sand the affected panel, repolish and then reapply Crystal Serum Ultra. Unlike C1 Crystal Lacquer or EXO you cannot remove the fully cured film with a cutting compound
- We recommend the vehicle stays dry for at least 12 hours post application
- We do not recommend applying more than one layer of Crystal Serum Ultra, but for improved hydrophobic function, it can be layered with two coats of Gtechniq EXO – for best results wait 1 to 2 hours
- Immediately machine wash used MF6 cloths after use, but we advise not to use the same cloths again on painted surfaces
- An unopened bottle of Crystal Serum Ultra has a 12 month shelf life from the time of purchase. As soon as a bottle is open it needs to be used within 1 week - the pipette must be removed, cleaned and the cap replaced
- If you have any questions regarding Crystal Serum contact email@example.com